Procedure to apply Temporary Residence Cards (TRCs) in Vietnam

Temporary Residence Cards (TRCs) in Vietnam

You want to stay long-term in Vietnam, don’t you? This post delivers information about how to apply Temporary Residence Cards (TRCs) might make you interest. A Vietnam Temporary Residence Card can be considered as a multiple visa with validity from 1 year to 5 years. The period of TRCs will be issued based on the documents you have; for example, if your labour contract is just 1 year 2 months; of course, your TRCs will last 1 year 2 months.

Who will be this card holders?

There are many categories which is hard to remember, therefore, I think the objects can be divided simply into 2 points.

  1. The person holding work permit: You can sub-category into people holding work permit and people holding work permit exemption.
  2. The relatives of person holding work permit and residence card.

What documents to be this card holders?

  1. An Original passport with 13 months validity at least;
  2. A work visa if you hold work permit, a relative visa if you are relatives of person holding work permit;
  3. Form NA6 and NA8 with signed and stamped by the sponsor;
  4. 02 passport photos size 2×3 cm;
  5. Work permit or Certificate of work permit exemption;
  6. Certificate to show the relationship such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, family register. All documents in foreign language must be consular legalizate and notarize translation into Vietnamese.

7. Business Registration Certificate of sponsor.

How to submit the temporary residence card?

You can submit all documents mentioned above on your own or find the support from agencies like or

Here is the immigration address:

  • At Hanoi: 44-46 Tran Phu, Ba Dinh, Hanoi.
  • At Ho Chi Minh City: 254 Nguyen Trai, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
  • Time for submission: Mornings, Monday to Saturday (except public holidays).

Immigration Officers here will instruct you more details if your documents have not proper to submit. If everything perfectly matches, they will issue an official receipt in which gives the clear date you can get the results. You have to bring this when coming back to pick your passport and TRCs.

Hope this information helps if you are about to prepare this procedures, if any change, we will update soon.

You Might Also Like